Skills Bootcamps for a local job in Tech, Digital or Coding with TDM Coaches
Not yet ready for a Tech Career? Get Ready! Available to individuals aged 19+ in the Wider West Midlands
Skills Bootcamps are free, flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer.
What are Skills Bootcamps?
What pathways are available?
What career development is there?
What are the eligibility criteria?
How do I sign up?
Not yet ready for a Tech Career? Get Ready!
Skills Bootcamps – part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life, are your first step on your journey to a BSc (Hons) Degree Apprenticeship
Get Apprenticeship ready with our practical help to secure your Tech, Coding or Digital Career. Achieve recognised industry certifications and progress onto a guaranteed interview with local employer with tech vacancy.
A local, low cost alternative to University fees, loans and digs. The Development Manager (TDM) coaches offer an Outstanding Quality of Education.
Access TDM’s Local Employer Network
Become Tech / Digital Industry Certified
Develop your Showcase ePortfolio
Tech, Networking & Cyber Security
Digital Support / Marketing
Coding / Web Design
Median Salary (West Midlands)
|Cyber Security Analyst||£52,500|
|Digital Marketing Manager||£34,500|
|UX / UI Designer||£35,000|
Career progression in Tech and Digital
To the left are indicative salaries in the West Midlands region compiled by IT JobsWatch, demonstrating the attractive levels of salary in these career pathways where workers have a few years of experience
Learners on the Bootcamp can start their Tech Careers through full Level 3 and 4 Apprenticeship programmes such as:
- Information Communications Technician Level 3
- Digital Marketer Level 3
- Data Technician Level 3
- Digital Support Technician Level 3
- Software Developer Level 4
Careers can further embedded and developed via Level 6 Integrated Degree Programmes such as:
FAQs and Eligibility
What are Skills Bootcamps?
Skills Bootcamps are short, 16 week programmes of coaching and training to support adults into new Tech and Digital jobs – either new roles in new organisations or taking on a new role or more responsibilities at work.
Participants are assigned outstanding TDM Coaches who provide coaching and training support to secure a new Tech and Digital role, for example helping to develop employability skills with interview practice, CV feedback, how to approach employers and the construction of a Showcase e-Portfolio.
There are x3 Pathways participants can choose from to help them achieve a new Tech and Digital Job:
- Tech, Networking and Cyber Security
- Coding and Web design
- Digital Support and Marketing
As part of the Bootcamp, participants can achieve a industry-recognised certification from organisations such as Google and Microsoft. Participants will also have access to a vast library of study materials from O’Reilly.
Eligibility criteria apply.
Who is eligible to sign up?
The TDM team will ask for information from you to check your eligibility for the Bootcamp.
- How old do I have to be to be on the Bootcamp? You must be 19 years or older
- What previous qualification restrictions apply? None, unless you already hold one of these certifications or their equivalents
- Am I allowed to participate on the Bootcamp as well as another educational programme? You are not able to engage with this Bootcamp, and another Government funded educational programme at the same time. This is called “Double Funding”
- I’m on Restart, am I eligible for your Skills Bootcamps? Yes
- Can I be employed? Yes
- Can I be self employed? Yes
- Am I eligible based on where I live? Residents of the wider West Midlands are eligible for TDM’s Bootcamps (i.e. Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, The West Midlands Combined Authority Area, Shropshire and Staffordshire)
- What is the outcome of the programme? Participants must be committed to achieving the outcomes of the Bootcamp which is to secure a new Tech and Digital role; either a new job for unemployed people or an updated role profile for people looking to upskill with their current employer
- What Commitment is required for the programme? As this Bootcamp accesses UK Government funding, there is a strong requirement for commitment from learners to achieve the outcomes of the Bootcamp (see above). Learners must be available to attend the online Training Days, Workshops and Coaching sessions and to do the wider work and reading set by their coaches
- Where does the Bootcamp take place? On TDM’s online Virtual Learning Environment
What does the programme consist of and what are the commitments?
Download the programme prospectus for a full breakdown of the bootcamp.
Coaching with TDM Performance Development Coach
• Employability support – CV and Interview practice
• Build Showcase ePortfolio
• GROW model of Goal Setting, Reality, Objectives (and Options / Obstacles) and Way forward (or Will)
• Identify actual local employers and opportunities
60 guided learning hours
Guaranteed job interview with support from TDM Career Builder
Immediate access to learning library from O’Reilly
Learners on the Bootcamp will be assigned a number of TDM Coaches to support them into new Tech and Digital roles:
• Performance Development Coaches – will be the main coaching contact with participants, supporting learners using GROW Coaching to achieve their new Tech and Digital job outcome and developing their employability skills
• Career Builder Representatives – will work with participants to approach organisations to secure their Apprenticeship
• Skills and Knowledge Coaches – will provide the supporting Tech training on the Pathways
Bootcamp learners will be supported to develop their CVs, their interview practice, their LinkedIn profiles, creating introductory videos and identifying and researching potential employers in order to create a tailored Showcase e-Portfolio.
For already employed people, they will be supported in creating evidenced executive summaries for their employers about the tech and digital skills they will adopt and how they can be used to support the organisation to reach its objectives.
You are expected to attend all of the sessions and complete own study.
How much does it cost?
This Bootcamp is being funded by the Department for Education and there is no charge for eligible learners.
How do I sign up and what is the sign up process?
If you are interested in participating in our Bootcamp, please click here to fill out our expression of interest form.
Once the expression of interest form has been completed, we will get in touch with you via the contact information you have provided us, to check your eligibility onto the Bootcamp.
After confirmation that you are eligible, Initial Assessments will need to be completed, as well as an Enrolment form.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with our team:
0333 10 100 40
This looks great, I want to fill out the Skills Bootcamps expression of interest form!
Fill out the form below or click the button to open it and a member of our team will get in contact with you to discuss the programme
Interested in doing an apprenticeship?
Let us help you
0333 10 100 40
St Mary’s Street
217 – 220 Scott House
The Custard Factory