IT Support Desk Apprentice
We are looking for an IT Support Desk Apprentice to join our Support team. It is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology who is looking to start their career.
They will be given a chance to learn all about wireless and fibre technologies as they grow their troubleshooting skills. Candidates must have a GCSE in Maths and English and be computer literate.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for answering calls, troubleshooting connection faults and monitoring the network. They will work with customers who are seeking technical assistance, perform remote troubleshooting and keep records of customer queries. As they gain experience they will be able to test and fix faulty equipment and maximise network performance by monitoring performance and troubleshooting network problems and outages.
They will be given full training by our team of support technicians so no existing knowledge is required, however the ideal candidate will have a passion for technology with a desire to learn. They should be able to remain calm in stressful environments with good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload. They should be a confident communicator, cool-tempered and with strong written skills.
The candidate will have career progression opportunities into different departments within the business, both internal and external training courses and the chance to work in a great working environment. Other perks we offer include a company pension, holiday that increases with service, onsite parking, and a free breakfast sandwich every Thursday!
- Answering telephone calls
- Troubleshoot connection faults
- Perform remote troubleshooting
- Record keeping of customer queries
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
As you gain more experience, your duties will also include:
- Test and fix faulty equipment
- Maximise network performance
- Monitoring performance and troubleshooting network problems and outages
- Customer focused skills
- Good knowledge of IT
- Understanding of Microsoft software and operating systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take complex technical solutions and simplify for end users
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Interest in technology
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Mon – Fri: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Total hours per week: 35.00
- Weekly wage: £175.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice qualification together with on site training by the employer
- For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be 15 months. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and ultimately on to a Degree Apprenticeship
Knowledge Modules include:
- KM1 Networking and Architecture
- KM2 Mobile and Operating Systems
- KM3 Cloud Services
- KM4 Coding and Logic
- KM5 Business Process
- MTA Networking
Apply For This Role
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.