Today marks the launch of Mental Health Day 2021, the UK’s national day to raise awareness of mental health.
This year’s theme set by the World Federation for Mental Health is ‘Mental Health in an Unequal World’.
“2020 highlighted inequalities due to race and ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity, and the lack of respect for human rights in many countries, including for people living with mental health conditions. Such inequalities have an impact on people’s mental health.”
At TDM, we see it as our moral responsibility as people and as an organisation, to ensure that all learners and employers that we engage with, feel welcomed, safe and equal.
After the incomprehensible impact of 2020, it is more important that ever to connect and talk but also to ensure that mental health services are available and promoted to every single person.
“As a training and coaching provider, TDM wholeheartedly agrees that lifelong learning is a key part of our well-being; the process of learning and reflecting is a good unto itself, along with the benefits to our self-worth, feelings of achievement and the developments in our lives and careers. However, we must recognise and make sure that we are attentive to the other key factors for maintaining our well-being, including eating well, getting enough rest and sleep, staying active and connecting with others.” said David Tomkins, the Marketing and Engagement Manager at TDM.
Some of the ways people can participate in Mental Health Awareness Day 2021 on October 10th:
- Share images/videos/posts on social media, someone you may know might need to see the support and ways they can get help.
- Use Mental Health Foundation resources in your family, school, workplace and community
- Talk, talk, talk.
Some of the ways TDM helps, supports and promotes Mental Health Awareness
- Each of our apprentices receives a trained and skilled Professional Development Coach, someone who checks in with them regularly, promotes the use and development of their soft skills, time management and general wellbeing
- TDM Apprentice Wellbeing Forum – a site on our Virtual Learning Environment full of hints, top tips, advice and blog updates of current news stories covering everything from suicide prevention to a healthy diet.
- A comprehensive Safeguarding team, trained and ready to support with any issues. The full TDM team also receives yearly Safeguarding training.
- An open door, phone and email policy for our learners and employers
Mental Health Support
For more information about this year’s Mental Health Awareness Day, visit https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/world-mental-health-day also visit https://wfmh.global/2021-world-mental-health-global-awareness-campaign-world-mental-health-day-theme/to understand more about the theme ‘Mental Health in an Unequal World’.