Software Development Apprentice
Software Development Apprentice – Shrewsbury
As part of a long term growth strategy, Fisheye are looking to recruit our next generation of talented placement students. We’re a fast-growing company and experts in our field, so if you are keen to learn from the best, have a great work ethic, and are looking for a great opportunity to get your foot in the door please apply below.
Magento is quite a specialism, but you may be surprised to know that many of our best developers originally came to us with no Magento experience whatsoever.
If you have a problem-solving attitude and experience in the application of one or more of:
- Command Line
- Apache Server
- Debian and CentOS
- Bash Scripts
- CSS + HTML
then we’d be keen to hear from you.
You’ll need to be comfortable working alongside developers, clients and designers alike to find the best solution available. You’ll also need to be passionate about new technology and making stuff work. You will be working on real projects for some top brands, not just making tea!
If you wish to work within this fast paced exciting environment you will be rewarded with joining a great team, managed by experienced and knowledgeable individuals, regular training and the opportunity to work on some exciting and complex projects.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications and coding standards
- Investigate, analyse and document reported bugs
- Perform maintenance development and correction of identified bugs
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with developers to achieve these through regular code reviews
- Communicate regularly with project managers to provide understanding of technical requirements, processes and dependencies
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
What are we looking for?
- Highly focused individuals who are passionate about technology, and making stuff work
- A high attention to detail and excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident, self-motivated individuals, who work well in team environments
We are looking for a confident individual who is:
- Hard working
- Works well as part of a team
- Able to deliver consistently to a high level of accuracy
- Prepared to go the extra mile
Training to be provided
The successful candidate will undertake a two year nationally recognised qualification through TDM.
This is a work-based learning programme which will require commitment to block weeks in a training room once every quarter working towards the qualification along with weekly off the job training and monthly coaching sessions. You will be required to demonstrate through the standard that you meet all competencies and behaviours which will lead to the acheivement of the qualification. These block weeks will take place at either of our training centres, in Birmingham or Worcester, whichever is more suitable for your location.
You will have a designated mentor in the workplace to support your learning and at the end of programme will be assessed via an external assessment body.
This is a Level 4 qualification.
The modules will include:
- KM1 Software Developer Methodologies
- KM2 Software Languages
- MTA HTML5
Salary: £187.50 /week
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.