1st Line Technical Support Apprentice
We are currently recruiting for a 1st Line Technical Support Apprentice to join a Managed Service Provider based in the West Midlands.
The IT Support Apprentice will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will work as part of the Technical Services Team. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related activities, providing support for a number of clients based across the UK.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities;
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware calls/tickets
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the help desk system maintaining a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- To install and configure new IT equipment
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems
- Assist with Active Directory management
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions
- Assist infrastructure team with network and infrastructure initiatives including both hardware and systems administration
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers at all levels
- Working knowledge of technical support (break-fix) for Windows desktops/laptops
- XP/Win7/W10 support knowledge
- A general understanding of networks – an understanding of TCP/IP, Switches, Routers and VPN
- Driving Licence (due to location)
- Working knowledge of Windows Servers 2003 onwards
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Working knowledge of Windows domain environment
- Knowledge of Apple Mac environment
- Problem solving
- Optimistic and positive attitude
- Discretion when handling sensitive/confidential information
- Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5pm
- Total hours per week: 37.50
- Weekly wage: Competitive salary
- Expected duration: 18 months
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice qualification together with on site training by the employer.
- For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be eighteen months. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and ultimately on to a Degree Apprenticeship.
Knowledge Modules include:
- KM1 Networking and Architecture
- KM2 Mobile and Operating Systems
- KM3 Cloud Services
- KM4 Coding and Logic
- KM5 Business Process
- MTA Networking
Apply For This Role
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.