Can you help us kickstart and develop Tech and Digital careers, improve social mobility and improve the regional and national economy?
We at TDM are incredibly proud of the work we do helping organisations in the West Midlands access public funds to develop the tech and digital skills of their employees or new recruits through the variety of coaching programmes we offer. We are equally proud to utilise this funding to coach and train local people into new tech and digital roles also.
This contributes to the region by improving the social mobility of its residents and improves the ability of organisations to leverage technologies, increase their productivity and then to develop the regional and national economies.
We believe in Doing Well by Doing Good.
This means that in order to do well for ourselves, developing in our careers and our salaries, we do good for the organisation that we are working for.
The right person in the right seat
As a company with strong, ambitious growth targets and aims to deliver good for the region, TDM wishes to engage people with the requisite skills, knowledge and behaviours, aligned to the company’s values and goals (the right person) and employ them in roles where they can achieve targets and “Do Well by Doing Good” (the right seat).
Employees must demonstrate the company values of being: Driven, Accountable, Productive, Considerate and Vulnerable.
They must also:
- Get It (understand their role, the business, its aims and what they can / should do to achieve this)
- Want It (have a desire to do good in the role)
- and have the Capacity for the role (the time and the ability to achieve what is required by the role)
Safeguarding in recruitment
TDM are committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk. Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility and we have an essential role to play in making our learning community safe and secure. Our Safeguarding Policy can be read on our Polices Page.
Safeguarding and Safe Recruitment Practice is embedded throughout our Recruitment Process in line with with our Recruitment Policy. For example, through Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, thorough confirmation of Identity and offers of employment being subject to references collected.
Safer recruitment practice includes those persons who may not have direct contact with children, but because of their presence and familiarity in certain settings will still be seen as safe and trustworthy.
Any offers of appointment will be conditional upon pre-employment checks being satisfactorily completed.
If this is what you are looking for
If you have a desire to help drive us to achieving our goals, we would love to hear from you. We are keen to hear from people who feel they can join the motivated members of Delivery, Marketing and Engagement and Support Teams. If we do not have vacancies listed below, please do contact us anyways as there is often the space to for new exceptional team members.
Roles available with the TDM team
Below are details of the roles that we are currently recruiting for. If you are interested in any of these vacancies, please complete the form at the bottom of this page and we’ll get back to you shortly. If you have any queries at all, call us on 0333 10 100 40
IT Trainer - Skills and Knowledge Coach
Salary: £25,000 – £40,000+ dependent on experience and qualifications
Working hours: 37.5 per week, flexible
Location: West Midlands
At The Development Manager (TDM) we believe that all people can and should “do well by doing good”. We are committed to helping close the tech and digital productivity gap in the West Midlands, responding to local and regional skills needs and increasing the social mobility of the local population through coaching and training. In March 2022 we received Ofsted Outstanding for our quality of education and learning programmes and are proud of our focus on delivering genuinely work-based learning, underpinned by academic rigour.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Skills and Knowledge Coach to join our growing organisation and make a positive impact to learners and employers across the West Midlands.
- Deliver classroom teaching and training either via the virtual classroom or at one of TDM’s training centres (across West Midlands). Delivering immersive, differentiated, and impactful interactions, embedding Maths and English, to ensure active participation by all learners in the group through a variety of methods.
- Facilitate formative and summative assessment of learners’ skills and knowledge via a range of methods.
- Provide coaching support – working with the learners and employer/mentors (where applicable) to help them advance in their chosen programme by monitoring their progress and giving robust feedback.
- Ensure the retention of learners on their programme by supporting them and their employers (if applicable) to have a clear pathway on how to progress through their programme steps.
- Plan for and conduct tripartite coaching sessions (where applicable) – liaising with mentor/employer to create and manage a unique learning plan tailored to the learners in their places of work, with the aim of helping them to achieve the highest grade possible in their chosen Tech and Digital programme.
- Deliver the required inputs and outputs to all learners in your caseload to ensure programme timely completion, programme successful achievement and compliance with programme requirements.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the programmes you coach and train on.
- Document the learning journey, ensuring all evidence is completed to a high standard and ensuring it is compliant before adding into TDM systems.
- Expertise in the areas of information technology and services.
- Well-rounded knowledge of fundamentals of tech and digital as a minimum.
- A history of training, teaching and/or coaching, providing interactive and engaging sessions and development opportunities to adult learners.
- Experience fostering relationships with employers and learners.
- Strong project management and organisation skills to ensure each learner achieves what they are capable of.
- Ability to deliver against TDM values and communicate with individuals from various backgrounds.
- Due to the nature of this role, where travelling to employer workplaces may be needed from time to time, a full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle is necessary.
- Working from home/hybrid and flexible working.
- 24 days holiday per year + bank holidays (with the option to buy more).
- An individual learning plan to help assist you toward your developmental and career goals.
- Pension scheme increasing with years of service.
A full job description is available on our website: https://thedevelopmentmanager.com/careers/
“TDM are committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk. Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility and we each have an essential role to play in making our learning community safe and secure”.
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Abi Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07496 559745 for an informal discussion.
Click here for the job description for this role
“TDM are committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk. Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility and we each have an essential role to play in making our learning community safe and secure”
Apply for one of our vacancies
Can't find what you're looking for?
Let us help you