Thank you for booking on to an applicant day!
Thank you for selecting which applicant day you wish to attend. Approximately 2 days before the Applicant Day, you will receive an email, reminding you of these details
Here are some frequently asked questions about the applicant day:
What should I wear?
We would recommend you wear smart clothing as if you were attending a job interview. This is good practice for the real thing!
Do I need to bring anything?
Please bring any educational certificates you have and proof of your eligibility to enrol on an apprenticeship programme (for instance a passport, driving licence, EU residency card, birth certificate or National Insurance card). If you haven’t submitted your CV as part of the application process so far, either bringing a copy with you or emailing one to us would be useful
What will happen on the day?
We will explore the apprenticeship programme you have applied for, deliver advice on how to approach interviews with employers and ask you to complete a handful of assessments to ascertain your ability to successfully undertake the programmes. There will be an assessment each to find your current English and Maths level, self-assessments of your experience and an assessment of your technical knowledge
Do I need to prepare anything?
Whilst not mandatory, research into the company you have applied for an apprenticeship role with is useful, not only for us but also for a potential employer as it shows your commitment to work for them and be a part of their apprenticeship programme
Are there any assessments?
There will be an assessment each to find your current English and Maths level, self-assessments of your experience and an assessment of your technical knowledge
Why might be I be ineligible to become an apprentice?
The main reasons for being ineligible to become an apprentice are:
- You already have a higher level qualification in the same subject area to the one you are looking to achieve on the apprenticeship programme. E.g. you have a Degree-level (Level 6) qualification in software and have applied to become an apprentice on a Level 4 Software Developer programme
- You have not been a resident in the UK for the last 3 years
If you have any questions on your eligibility, please contact us on 0333 10 100 40 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why might I not be put forward for an employer interview?
The main reasons for not being put forward for an employer interview are:
- Your English and Maths assessment scores are too low
- Your technical knowledge assessment score is too low
- You haven’t had sufficient experience in the areas the job role and the apprenticeship programme requires
- You may not be a fit to an employer’s business culture or the position you have applied for
What happens if I’m not put forward for an employer interview?
This will depend on the reasons for this:
- If your assessment scores are too low, as part of our Information, Advice and Guidance service (IAG) we will direct you to resources you can use to improve your knowledge, skills and experience. Barring any other reasons that would make you ineligible for an apprenticeship, there is nothing to stop you applying for other apprenticeship roles later on when you have strengthened your knowledge, skills and experience using these resources
- If your knowledge, skills and experience are better suited to other apprenticeship programmes, we will recommend more appropriate apprenticeships you may like to apply for, either delivered by TDM or by another provider. We may also draw your attention to other educational or employment opportunities available
- If you aren’t a fit for an employer’s business culture or the position applied for, there may be other apprenticeship opportunities available we can put you forward for as part of our pool of candidates. At this point, we would also recommend that you identify employers you would like to work for and feel you could add value to
If you have any questions about the applicant day or apprenticeships in general, please contact us on 0333 10 100 40 or email email@example.com